Tallguy is a nickname my wife calls me. I think this is the only place that I use this as a username.
2. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) how well does your Live Journal represent who you actually are?
I think I'm a 6. I don't update the journal nearly as much as some others, so there's a lot of my life that doesn't make it here. I think a lot of what I post is somewhat trivial, partly because it's easier to do that than to reveal "the real me". I read an old paper journal from a dozen years ago, and I was a lot more open and candid when I know it was only me that would be reading it.
3. How much about your life do you post to LJ?
See my answer to question 2.
4. Is there anything you refuse to post about?
I try to avoid posting items about my wife (unless it's good news), mostly because I don't know who will be reading this (if I'm going to post private entries, I might as well go back to a paper journal which nobody can read).
5. On a scale of 1-10 how interesting do you think your own journal is to others?
Probably a 4 or 5. I lead a pretty boring life.
6. From who/how did you find out about LJ?
From my wife, catholicgirl.
7. Has anyone ever joined LJ because of you?
I don't think so, but a few people have joined because of Kat.
8. What proportion of your posts are friends only?
Nearly all of my entries are public. See the second half of question 4.
9. What do you like about LJ the most?
The sense of voyeurism. I get to peek into people's lives who I would never get to know otherwise. Also, through LJ I've managed to get back in touch with an old friend, and it's great to read how successful he's become.
10. How often do you respond to/comment on other peoples' journals?
I'll respond to my wife's journal occasionally, and I'm a regular responder to my close or longtime friends. Most others, I'll just read without responding.
11. Do you prefer to write in your journal, read other journals?
Read other journals. Most of my friends are a lot more prolific than I.
12. Have you ever had something mean said to you or been stalked, harassed, or got into an argument/flame war on LJ (or did it to someone else)?
Got into a few inadvertent flame wars on religious communities, and when I'm in a particularly grumpy mood, I'll stir up some shit about politics or current events with my friends, but I've never been particularly mean or malicious. Just stating my opinion, when they can take or leave as they see fit.
13. Have you ever banned someone from your journal?
Nope, never had to do that. I do disallow anonymous comments, however. If you're going to say something to me, have the balls to stand up.
14. Who are your favourite LJ friend(s) and tell me something about them?
Right now, my favorites are ectv, tazmania6507, and mephron. Shanpea, otherwise known as the Evil Cute Tech Vixen, just has such a great outlook on life that you can't help but feel bad for her when something goes wrong, and cheer her on when things go her way. Taz seems to be the underdog in a lot of life, but I still want to make sure she's OK. That, and anyone who is so totally ga-ga over George Clooney can't be all bad. Meph is an old friend of mine from my RHPS days. Many is the times we would don the dark suits, fedoras, and black shades, and be Jake and Elwood Blues, just to goof on the normals.
15. How many of your LJ friends have you actually met?
I've met two people (subbes and jelly) who I didn't know before LJ, and a handful of people that I did.
Question 16 has magically vanished.
17. Of all of the people on LJ you know of, who is the most like you?
I guess catholicgirl would be closest, since she is my wife and my best friend. The thing is, we're not really like each other. I think I like the friends I have because they are NOT like me, and I get to see the world through their perspectives.